Friday, August 10, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey



I just read the book Fifty Shades of Grey and surprisingly for the first time, I finished a book in under 5 hours. I think what kept me interested was the new world I was being introduced to and all the new knowledge being fed to me. Now that it sunk in though, I'm appalled by the book. I hate that its an ongoing trend because I'm sure that young teenage girls are reading it and are being fed all these unnecessary knowledge about sex. I'm 19 years old and I thought I've heard enough because of the things I hear around or read from the internet but call me naive if you want, I never knew that these things existed! It is an interesting and entertaining book but I really hope irresponsible young teenagers who read this won't get lured into trying these things since it can actually harm a person :( 
 
I really do hope that the information shared to us through the book will only stay there. We must be smarter and know what information to filter out :) I hope you get what I mean! It is addictive though and well written. I slept at 9 am but I'm up now wanting to read the second book. Just had coffee and will probably take another 5 hours to read this one. I'm grateful that I listened to my gut yesterday and didn't buy the third one yet so atleast I can rest after this :P haha Anyway, I wore this to my mom's lunch with her side of the family last week on her birthday :)


[Dress: WARDROBE CHECK, Necklace: STYLISTA.PH, Bangle: SM ACCESSORIES
Have you read it? :) Christian Grey is such a character though! If he wasn't so complicated though, I could probably say that he's the hottest literary character I've read :P haha 
xx, Vern


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment to show me some love.
Link your blog and I will try to visit each and every one of them :-)
Thank you so so much :- )
<3, Vern