Thursday, November 29, 2012

Barefaced

IMG_1458 copy copyIMG_1612 copy copyIMG_1619 copy copyIMG_1562 copy copy
[Top: TOMATO, Pants: FROU FROU, Shoes: SM PARISIAN, Bangles and Necklaces: SM ACCESSORIES, Lip Balm: NIVEA PHILIPPINES]

So here I am barefaced, all for you to see. Yup, I'm wearing zero make up on my face except for the colored lipbalm I'm wearing from Nivea. Make up's one of the things most girls can't live and sometimes literally can't leave the house without. Even girls as early as 11 or 12 use make up on a daily basis and I guess we can blame it all to media for making us girls believe that its something we need to wear everyday, everywhere we go.

To tell you honestly, I think that no outfit is complete without the right kind of make up and that I don't feel as good when I have no make up on (but just to make it clear, I don't wear make up everyday. You'll know that I'm not wearing make up when I'm wearing sunglasses here on my blog).
I know it is kind of sad but I am slowly adjusting to putting no or little make up when not needed. I don't have perfect skin, I have freckles and three scars on my face to date (I am still truly blessed though because its not that obvious!) but I'm slowly in the process of being comfortable in my own skin.

This blog post is to remind all of you my dear readers (even to myself), especially the young ones, that make up is not a necessity. It is something we should just apply when needed and it is something to enhance one's beauty and not hide it :) Because I actually did have the guts to post a picture of my makeupless face, I hope that those of you who depend on make up let go of them once in awhile and breathe :)
xx, Vern 
You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment to show me some love.
Link your blog and I will try to visit each and every one of them :-)
Thank you so so much :- )
<3, Vern