Saturday, November 24, 2012

Look Behind

IMG_0833 copy copyIMG_0867 copy copyIMG_0848 copy copy
[Top: FROUFROU, Shoes: CHARLES & KEITH, Skirt: h&m, Necklaces and Earrings: SM ACCESSORIES, Bra: JOCKEY PHILIPPINES
I wore this to the talk I gave for UST's Scarlet Accounting Association yesterday. Since I was giving a talk on power dressing, I did dress corporate but wanted to spice it up a bit since the event was entitled "FASHION 101" and ofcourse, when attending something entitled that, you can't look boring. I know that people always had the notion that when power dressing, one has to stick with neutrals, wear something boring and you can't express yourself freely. However, I want to change that perception and I hope I will through the talks I have given and hopefully will give in the future :) One thing I do teach is that with power dressing, the role you play in the company and what company you work in will determine what you can wear and what you can't wear.

You have no idea how much I want to give this talk to all my working readers because I swear, I'm confident enough that I can help. I'm not bragging or anything but with the help of the nicest people from CSB, I came up with a talk that's relatable, informational and fun. We based it on a LEGIT book and ofcourse, I added personal experiences so it's not boring :P 
Anyway, I had such a blast and I'm so thankful that Scarlet gave me the warmest welcome :) Thank you so much Scarlet for the invite and thank you too for participating so well :) Till the next talk? 
xx, Vern

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment to show me some love.
Link your blog and I will try to visit each and every one of them :-)
Thank you so so much :- )
<3, Vern